What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is based on the theory that we have energy meridians running through our bodies which invigorates our nervous system and gives our organic physical being its fundamental life force. When this energy or ‘Qi’ (pronounced ‘chee’) is not moving smoothly, it causes a variety of health problems, including infertility. Using very tiny needles at special points throughout your body rehabilitates the flow of energy and aids the body in returning to its natural state of homeostasis.
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Acupuncture is not a drug, nor does it override our natural physiology; instead, it promotes the body’s regular circulation and rhythms so that it can function properly. Your body’s fundamental desire is to be balanced and healthy. Acupuncture gives it a helping hand.
Acupuncture – Chinese Medicine vs. Western Medicine
One of the key differences between Chinese medicine and Western medicine is that the body, mind and spirit are connected. Your emotions, sleep patterns, stress levels, relationships, job satisfaction and personal fulfillment for example, are all connected to your health and your ability to conceive a child. There is an explanation for your reproductive challenges and I am fully invested in helping you discover what that is and overcome it.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Fertility
- Acupuncture Optimizes natural reproductive potential by repairing conditions that may be contributing to difficulties with conception.
- Acupuncture improves pregnancy and live birth rates, as well as reducing miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy rates when used in conjunction with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- Acupuncture improves blood circulation to the reproductive organs and thickens the uterine lining . Blood delivers nutrients and oxygen to every cell, as well as carrying away waste. In the case of IVF, the possibility of enhanced delivery of IVF medications to the developing eggs via optimized blood flow is a well-accepted theory.
- Reduces stress and anxiety. Its effect on reducing the engagement of the sympathetic nervous system is well documented and reported by patients. This change in the nervous system further increases blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Helps restore hormonal balance involved in all aspects of reproductive and whole body functioning (i.e. thyroid, insulin, estrogen, FSH-follicle stimulating hormone, progesterone, testosterone, adrenal).
- Regulates the menstrual cycle and induces regular ovulation by balancing hormones, helping with weight loss and removing emotional blockages (such as in women struggling with PCOS).
- Regulates immune function required for implantation and preventing miscarriage.. Too much or too little immune response may result in repeated implantation failure. If you suffer from allergies or atopic conditions like asthma, eczema, sinusitis or recurrent early pregnancy loss, then immune regulation should be a health goal.
- Supports women suffering from recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) on an emotional level. Acupuncture can help minimize the fear of trying to conceive or being pregnant and boost the willpower necessary to once again move forward.
- Acupuncture reduces pain and inflammation in conditions such as pelvic pain and Endometriosis.
- Acupuncture can improve sperm health such as motility, count, morphology, and possibly DNA fragmentation rates.
- Acupuncture improves sexual function and desire, which so often become major obstacles after trying to conceive for a period of time.